My Organized Chaos: Something a little different.....

Friday, February 12, 2016

Something a little different.....

Hey All! Hope you are having a good day/week/year!
Can you believe it's already February?! This year is already flying by! How are your new years resolutions going? Still holding on to them? I've stopped even trying to make resolutions in the last few years, because like many I break them every time! Grrrr. However, I do have things I want to accomplish this year. Maybe if I don't call them resolutions, maybe, just maybe, I will get them done. A girl can hope! 

One thing I wanted to work on is my blog. I want to expand it with different content, write more often, and reach more people. I'm hoping to make more and more connections through my blog. I love writing these posts and love sharing my interests with others. If you are reading this, then you are one of the lucky ones to hear me ramble on and on. Lucky you!! :)

So, expanding into more topics is where I want to start and I am SUPER excited to talk about makeup and all things...you guessed it......MAKEUP! In the last year or so I have become OBSESSED with all things beauty. I have been navigating the world of beauty and makeup like a new born three legged gazelle. Graceful would not be the word I would use, but I love experimenting and trying new things. 

First I wanted to review last months Ipsy bag. Heard of Ipsy? I personally have been a subscriber for over a year and love it. It's fun to get new products every month and try new brands you have never heard of. Ipsy usually sends 4-5 items in a bag, some full size products and some travel/sample size. It's always different brands and different types of products. Everything from eye liners to facial masks and lipsticks. I admit, some months I get the ipsy bag and the products may not be things I typically use or just in shades that I wouldn't look good in but on the flip side I have found some products that I love and have bought again and again. 

Last month's bag (January 2016) was a theme of "All Eyes on You".  

First, the bag was eh. I personally don't like the print that much. It's a good size and fits alot of stuff but the design just isn't my type.
Now on to the products!
1. theBalm Cosmetics
Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner
I got mine in the shade Jack B. Bronze (rich bronze). I personally loved the shade. It works well with my lighter blue eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice dark eyeliner but sometimes a lighter shade for day wear is nice. I have use theBalm Cosmetics in the past and always love their products. This one was no exception. It was creamy, pigmented and glided on easily. Will buy again!

2. tre'StiQue

Mini Matte Lip Crayon


I was really excited to try this lip crayon. I have used tre'StiQue's eye crayons in the past and love them. I was like a kid in a candy store when I was ripping this out of its wrapper so I could try it and then I put it on and........ didn't like it. 
I loved the formula- it was rich and creamy just like their eye crayons but the color was not for me! Way too red and made me feel like I was a rodeo clown. It may be for someone else but just not me. However, I have always been weird about red shades. 

3. pur~lisse

BLUE LOTUS 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum

I love this and I'm not even sure it works! Ha ha. It feels so good on your skin when you apply it. It's light weight and absorbs well. You don't feel like you are walking around with greasy under eyes like I have experienced with other under eye treatments. I say I am not sure if it works because I haven't used it long enough to know if it helps with dark circles and fine lines. However, I have seen that when I use it my under eyes seem firmer and more hydrated. 

4. Mitchell and Peach

English Leaf Body Cream

This stuff feels amazing! It's packed with shea and cocoa butter and makes my skin feel hydrated and soft. It doesn't leave my skin slippery or sticky like some lotions tend to do. It is scented to smell like roses and it does! Almost too much for my liking. If you can get past the strong scent, it really does work well. 


5. City Color Cosmetics

Eyeshadow Trio in Falling Leaves

This is one of those products that is so frustrating! I love the colors! There are two shimmers and one matte. They are gorgeous neutral colors. I love that it has your base color, crease color and lid color all in one packaging. They thing that makes me frustrated is that they are not pigmented at all! I am disappointed at how many passes I have to make to get enough color on my lid. There is also alittle fall out if you don't tap off your brush before application. These colors are so pretty that I am willing to take the time to get enough color, just wish it applied better. 


So that is my review of the 2016 Jan Ipsy bag! I give it 3 out of 5. 
Over all it wasn't a bad bag, but not one that I am head over heals about. 

What types of topics would you like to hear more about? I also want to up my youtube game and plan out some more videos for your viewing pleasure. What would you like to see? Let me know!


Check me out on Facebook: Organized Chaos
Check out my Etsy store: OrganizedChaosbyAlli

No comments :

Post a Comment